Roofing to Enhance Curb Appeal for Your Home or Business
Hi y’all! Are you looking to update your existing roof to add value and curb appeal to your home or business? Well, you’ve come to the right place. The material you choose for your roof at American Cowboy Roofing is an easy way bring your exterior to the next level!
Getting a new roof is an opportunity to upgrade your place in terms of look, style and color. Keeping aesthetics in mind, when choosing roofing materials, be sure to consider the following questions.
- How heavy is this material and will it require special framing?
- Is the material available in a variety of colors and styles that complement your home?
- Are there special installation and maintenance issues to consider?
- Does this material offer good performance in extreme weather conditions that are common in your area?
- What is the cost, life span, and warranty for this product?
Once you have an idea of what you are looking for, there are plenty of options for roofing materials available! Here is a rundown of some of the most popular ones:
- Asphalt Shingles: The most common residential roofing material used in the U.S., asphalt shingles come in a variety of colors, and with many architectural styles, especially traditional suburban styles. If maintained properly, asphalt shingles will last 20 to 25 years.
- Clay and Concrete Tiles: Clay and concrete tiles add texture and elegance to a roof. Genuine flat, ribbed, or scalloped clay tiles are extremely durable but also very heavy. Clay and concrete tiles are long-lasting and non-combustible, and concrete tiles are energy efficient. Clay and concrete tiles work well with Mediterranean, Mission, Southwestern and Spanish-style homes.
- Metal roofing: Metal roofs are resistant to extreme weather conditions. Available in two types, panels and shingles, metal roofs come in aluminum, copper, stainless steel and zinc. Metal roofing is durable, lasts longer than asphalt or wood, and offers high solar reflectance. Metal looks great on bungalows, cabins, contemporary and cottage-style homes, and can last 40 to 75 years.
- Slate offers lots of beauty and a distinctive elegant appearance. Slate colors include shades of black, green, grey, red and purple. Slate is very durable, fire-resistant and a sustainable roof that can be recycled. Slate works well with Colonial, European and French chateau homes, and can last more than 50 years and sometimes 100 years or more.
- Wood Shingles and Shake have been the go-to roofing choice for hundreds of years. Many home and business owners love the look of wood shingles and shakes and how they weather to an attractive shade of gray. Wood shakes are handmade and rougher-looking than wood shingles, which are usually cut by machine. Wood shingles offer a rustic look and are a natural product usually made from cedar, redwood and southern pine. Shake’s rustic aesthetic pairs well with bungalow, Cape Cod, cottage, Craftsman and Tudor-style homes, and will last around 25 to 30 years.
Hope this is helpful! As a trusted contractor with over 50 years’ experience, a Virginia Class A license, and a Certified CertainTeed ShingleMaster, American Cowboy Roofing will give you an honest expert roof evaluation and quote for your home or business. Call us and you too will be saying YAHOO!
Leave a Reply