How to Prepare for “The Big Day”
Hi y’all! You did your research and found the perfect shingle, and the perfect company to install your roof (hopefully us!) And, now the day is quickly coming up to install your residential roof replacement. What can you expect on this “big day”?
First, it’s important to understand that, during roof installation, your property becomes a construction site. There will be roofers on, around, and inside your home. The following are some pointers for preparing yourself and your home and your home for the installation of your new roof:
- Prepare outdoor area: Prepare the outside of your home by providing clear access to the working space. This means moving outdoor furniture, garbage bins and other “obstacles” out of the way. This helps ensure a safe working environment, and it protects your property.
- Protect you AC: If you have an air conditioning unit sitting next to your home, you may want to protect it from falling debris by placing a sheet of plywood on top of it.
- Turn off your thermostat: Be sure you turn off the thermostat in your home, and unplug the power– disconnect switch on the outside wall next to the unit.
- Make space for any debris: There will be a considerable amount of debris from the roof tear off to discard. Your roofing company may use a roll-off dumpster or a dump truck. In either case, you need to make room for it. Ideally, there will be space for it on your driveway right up to your home. This reduces labor and prevents debris from being littered all the way to the street. Plan ahead if you need to clear your driveway.
- Allow for access to your attic: Make sure the path to the attic access door is free of clutter. Show the project manager the way, so he or she can convey that to workers.
- Keep your children and pets safe: If you have indoor or outdoor pets or small children, make sure they are restricted from any working areas.
If you have your roofing installation scheduled with American Cowboy Roofing, we look forward to installing it! If not, please call us for a free inspection and estimate! With over 50 years’ experience, a Virginia Class A license, and a Certified CertainTeed ShingleMaster, we will give you an honest expert roof evaluation and quote. Call American Cowboy Roofing and you too will be saying YAHOO!
Leave a Reply