What to Expect During a Roof Inspection
Hi y’all. As you can imagine, one of the most important components on any home is the roof, and it therefore deserves a significant amount of attention and care. Want to make sure your roof is in tip-top shape? Performing a roof inspection allows you to learn about current dangers, potential future problems, and avenues for addressing both before and after an emergency strikes.
Ever wonder, what happens during a roof inspection? During a roof inspection, your inspector will follow a detailed road map to ensure that he or she provides a thorough and professional overview of your roof. The steps of the inspection are as follows:
- Starting from the ground, your inspector will perform a full walk-around of the property. A visual inspection from below can be very telling to trained eyes. Your inspector will note drainage patterns, look for worn surfaces, and begin noting the angled and level surfaces that comprise your roof.
- Now, it’s time to get on a ladder. Unless the pitch or height make it too risky for our inspector, we will actually be on your roof as to see whether materials are corrupted or moisture is beginning to invade.
- Your inspector will pay special attention to roofing nails that are not fully sunk creating penetration points in the shingle.
- He or she will also be looking for shingles with noticeable wear, a sagging roof deck, dark spots, and material corruption, which can take the form of curling, blistering, or buckling.
- Your inspector will be particularly careful around penetrations like chimneys and roof vents, and will take a look in your gutters to check for shingle granules.
Depending on your roofing material, there may be other considerations as well, and it is important that your roof inspector has the expertise necessary to professionally evaluate surfaces other than standard asphalt shingles. At American Cowboy Roofing, we are proud to offer free inspections and estimates. With over 50 years’ experience, a Virginia Class A license, and a Certified CertainTeed ShingleMaster, we will give you an honest expert roof evaluation and quote. Call American Cowboy Roofing and you too will be saying YAHOO!
Leave a Reply